Well it may be a day late but this week’s Contains Moderate Peril Podcast is an extended episode. Brian and I decided that there was a lot to talk about so pretty much everything we recoreded made the final edit. That’s not to say that we intend to do longer podcasts regularly but they will occur from time to time. So this week Brian tries DC Universe Online, while I finally finish Hytbold and ponder what to do next in LOTRO. We wonder whether The Elder Scrolls Online is going to be a success or have the same issues as last years new MMOs. Finally we get to talk about the merits of Kickstarter as a mean to finance new games and movies. I catch up with a few big release currently in the cinema and we consider the merts of JJ Abrams directing the next instalment of Star Wars. Finally the thorny issue of permanent bans comes under scrutiny, following recent events in League of Legends.
Show notes for this weeks podcast
- Trying DC Universe Online: [Starts 01:22]
- Console port to PC poor.
- I’m going in blind.
- Controller driven UI.
- Hytbold completed: [Starts 16:16]
- The Hytbold rewards could have been better.
- So apart from taking alts through Rohan, what is there to do after Hytbold?
- Did the Live Developer chat provide the answers the players wanted?
- The Elder Scrolls Online: [Starts 28:43]
- Beta sign up is now available.
- Are core fans of this franchise sufficient to keep it financially viable?
- What does this MMORPG have to offer that is new?
- Kickstarter Controversy: [Starts 40:29]
- Greed Monger’s Jason Appleton controversial response to criticism.
- Is Kickstarter just an excuse for vanity projects and failed business ideas?
- Do gamers make good investors?
- What can be done to ensure against fraud?
- Movies: [Starts 01:05:24]
- Iron Sky & Monster. Low budget, self funded movies.
- New Releases & News: [Starts 01:22:39]
- The Last Stand.
- Zero Dark Thirty.
- JJ Abrams to direct of Star Wars Episode VII
- League of Legends: [Starts 01:49:33]
- Developers just permabanned two more high-profile players for being “toxic” to the community.
- These are players who are ranked on the competitive e-sports
- Does this mean more games will take the in-game experience seriously?
The podcasts are intended to be broad in content and casual in their nature. They are fun to record and are intended to inform and amuse. All opinions offered are our own and do not reflect any official view held by the game developers or film studios whose products we discuss. There is some strong language used occasionally. To listen to the show you can use the embedded media player below, directly download the MP3 file or alternatively use the iTunes store.
Operation Smash by Morton Stevens
OP40 by Sean Murray
DC Universe Online (Misc) by Gerard K. Marino & Chad Mossholder
Roaming Free by Chance Thomas
Dragon Born by Jeremy Soule
Bawitdaba by Kid Rock
UFO (Variations on a theme) by Barry Gray
Imperial March by John Williams
Aunt Flo by Derek Griffiths
Voiceover by DJ Ric Santos