Finally on this weeks show, Brian and I discuss at length, Guild Wars 2. Both of us have now had time to play the game and explore its mechanics. We both feel that avoiding the launch has been an advantage, giving the game and the community time to settle down. Also in this weeks episode of Contains Moderate Peril, we take a look at the latest beta build of Rider of Rohan and discuss how mounted combat is continuously improving. We consider alternative game play methods for those who may not enjoy the new mechanic. Finally we address some of comments that have arisen from a recent article I wrote about the LOTRO community.
Here’s a breakdown of this weeks podcast.
Guild Wars 2: [Starts 01:23]
- A truly casual friendly MMO?
- What is your server like?
- Dynamic and world events.
- Lower level instances are not yet available.
- Loot tagging.
- An MMO that is very intuitive and puts the player in charge of what they do.
LOTRO: [Starts 39:24]
- The store codes for the Riders of Rohan compensation Goodie Bag arrived at 18:54 GMT 17th September by email.
- Playing the latest improved build of mounted combat on Bullroarer.
- There are alternatives if you do not like or get on with mounted combat.
- LOTRO Reporter discussed Why The LOTRO Community Needs To Stop Being So Nice on their latest podcast “Back to Reality”. We offer counterpoints to those made, as we feel that they misinterpreted the article.
The podcasts are intended to be broad in content and casual in their nature. They are fun to record and are intended to inform and amuse. All opinions offered are our own and do not reflect any official view held by the game developers or film studios whose products we discuss. There is some strong language used occasionally. To listen to the show you can use the embedded media player below, directly download the MP3 file or alternatively use the iTunes store.
Operation Smash by Morton Stevens
OP40 by Sean Murray
Shaemoor by Jeremy Soule
Aunt Flo by Derek Griffith
Operation Smash (Reprise) by Morton Stevens
Voiceover by DJ Ric Santos