For the first Contains Moderate Peril giveaway of 2013, we are offering readers a chance to win a copy of Dredd on Blu-ray or DVD. Furthermore, CMP has not just one but five copies (yes five!) of this great action packed movie to giveaway. Winners will get to choose which format they wish to receive the movie on. The Blu-ray release includes both the 2D and 3D versions of the movie. The DVD contains the 2D release only. Here is the product review from the Amazon website.
The worldwide box office returns may not have been up to the level that the makers of Dredd had wanted, but they’ve nonetheless got a lot to be pleased about with the film itself. Dredd is, after all, a strong, respectful adaptation of the 2000AD comic strip, that boasts a terrific leading performance from Karl Urban.
Firmly resigning memories of the lesser Sylvester Stallone-headlined Judge Dredd where they belong, this new Dredd is a grittier, far more interesting piece of cinema. Urban stars in the title role, a law enforcer of the future who works as judge, jury and executioner, in the fight to keep crime under control. Taking the rookie Anderson under his wing, played by Olivia Thirlby, the pair of them have to clean out a huge tower block full of criminals, who want them both dead.
Eschewing the need quickly to appeal to a young audience, Dredd is a hard, gritty, enthralling piece of cinema, full of visual zest and with 3D that genuinely enhances the end product. Director Pete Travis deploys 3D firmly for particular effect, and it’s an effort rewarded.
Backed up by a disc featuring interesting and diverting extra features, Dredd might not have been the most popular comic book adaptation to hit the big screen in 2012, but it’s pretty much the bravest. It deserves to find a far wider audience on disc. –Jon Foster
Important note regarding regional compatibility: To guarantee regional compatibly with all Blu-ray and DVD players, Dredd will be supplied via the Amazon store from the winners home country. However, please ensure that the firmware of your player is fully updated. Check with your player vendor for details.
There are three ways to enter the draw. You may use anyone of them or all for additional chances to win!
Method 1: Simply leave a comment on this post using a legitimate email address that you can be reached on.
Method 2: Like CMP on Facebook, then leave a post on our wall telling us how much you want to win. (You must both Like CMP and leave a comment to be eligible)
Method 3: Follow @ModeratePeril on Twitter, then use your Twitter account to tweet this exact phrase:
Win a copy of Dredd on Blu-ray or DVD @ModeratePeril. Details: http://bit.ly/10OSTIi #DreddCMP #Giveaway #Competition
The competition will close on Thursday 31st January 2013 at 18:00 GMT. Each accepted entry will be assigned a number. A winner will then be randomly picked using the facilities at True Random Numbers.
Terms & Conditions:
- One entry per person, per method (comment, Facebook and Twitter) please. Total of 3 possible entries per person. To comply with UK ratings regulations all entrants must be 18 or over.
- Any entry using an IP that’s already logged will be deleted.
- The actual text of your comment has no bearing on the competition, although it is sensible to be polite.
- It is irrelevant whether you post a unique comment or a reply to another person.
- CMP’s decision is final. There will not be a debate, stewards enquiry or inquest into who won.
- The winner will be contacted by email, Facebook Message or Twitter Direct Message. If they do not reply within 2 days, the prize will be re-allocated.
- The prize will be sent by courier direct to the winner from Amazon.
- CMP contributors cannot enter.
- By entering you accept responsibility that the prize is compatible with your hardware. If you win and it’s not, that is your problem and you have no recourse to CMP.
- The winner may not request that the prize be transferred to any other person.
- No cash alternative or alternative prize is available on entrant’s request, but in the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules